Welcome to KATAJA's home page
The central function of KATAJA is to support doctoral students in their efforts to attain a doctoral degree.
Doctoral level education in business studies is offered at 12 univeristies in Finland. The cooperation between these is important because of the small size of business administration departments, the large number of subjects taught, the geographical dispersion of universites, and the effective use of resources. KATAJA also coordinates seven graduate schools of business studies across member universities.
General information on KATAJA’S teaching program
Since the beginning of the 1980’s KATAJA has organized research courses and tutorials for doctoral students in business studies.
KATAJA’s teaching program consists of subject courses, specialized courses, and courses in research skills. Subject courses deal with the theories of central research fields and the bases of these. Specialized courses focus on topical research themes within the various research areas. Training in research skills consists of courses in research methods and philosophy of science.
Benefits and obligations of membership
– Possibility to full time doctoral scholarships
– Wider range of doctoral courses
– Financed external mentoring and advising
– Peer networking in workshops and tutorials
– Networking with international/national faculty
– Membership obligations:
– Performance in terms of credit units and thesis writing
– Yearly performance reporting
– Expectation to graduate in 4 years