Doctoral Colloquium in Marketing 23-24.11.2022
The Department of Marketing at the University of Vaasa will host the Doctoral Colloquium in Marketing, financed by KATAJA (Finnish Doctoral Programme in Business Studies). The objective of the tutorial is to provide an opportunity for doctoral students in the field of marketing to present and discuss their dissertation research with faculty members and fellow students. We welcome new and advanced doctoral students to send a paper on their doctoral dissertation for presentation at the colloquium. The papers will receive feedback from experienced researchers in marketing.
The submitted paper can be a prolonged research proposal, or a paper that will form one essay/article in your thesis. In the latter case, one page (at least) must present the relationship between the paper and your whole thesis. The length of the paper is maximum 20 pages (Times New Roman 12pt, line spacing 1.5) including figures and tables, but excluding references and cover page. The papers will be made available only to discussants.
Please, submit your research plan or research paper in a PDF format by the deadline (use the link below). Indicate in the submitted document, on the cover page, the following details:
Title of the work
- Name of author (and possible co-authors and their role in the paper)
- Starting date of doctoral studies · Present situation of the studies
- Supervisor(s) of the dissertation
Instructions for parallel sessions/presentation:
Each presenter will be provided a slot of 45 minutes, consisting of: the author’s 15 minutes presentation, discussants (Professor and Fellow PhD) will have 20 minutes for comments and the remaining 10 minutes is for general discussion.
The colloquium is free of charge to all participants from the KATAJA member universities. However, each participant is expected to stand for their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Please, mark the event in your calendar! This is an important national event for networking with other doctoral students and faculty from the different universities.
- 23.09.2022: Doctoral Students: Submission of the paper / Signing up for the Colloquium
- 23.09.2022: Faculty: Signing up for the Colloquium
- 30.09.2022: Doctoral students: Information on acceptance to present at the colloquium
- 10.10.2022: Preliminary program / papers sent out to discussants
- 23-24.11.2022: The Colloquium takes place at the University of Vaasa, Wolfintie 34
Link to submit a paper and sign up for the Colloquium CLICK HERE